WhatsApp was launched as a one-to-one chat app service in February 2009 by two former employees of Yahoo, Brian Acton, and Jan Koum. The app was first released on the App Store for iPhone users in August. In August 2010, the company finally added support for Android OS.
Everyone knows about it and uses it, even the generations less used to technology. Elderly parents and grandparents keep in touch with children and grandchildren via the means of this app. The notoriety of this App is comparable in terms of Facebook’s global success among social networks.
Today, one and a half billion people worldwide communicate in this way and they simply can’t do without it. Now, for someone who has changed phones recently, transferring WhatsApp data from one phone to another can seem like a daunting task.
This holds especially true if you have switched from an Android device to an iPhone or vice versa. Through the means of this article, we will give you a step-by-step breakdown of how exactly you are to proceed and what steps you have to undertake to make this possible.
Transfer WhatsApp From Android to iPhone
It becomes essential to note that transferring FMWhatsApp chats from Android to iOS is not officially possible. This is because Whatsapp on Android utilizes Google Drive to store the backups while on the other hand, backups on iOS devices are stored with iCloud. Hence, here, we will be either relying on third-party apps or use a few tricks to get the job done.
Method #1. Transfer Using Email
- On your Android device, open WhatsApp and go to the Settings option.
- Click on Chats and then select Chat history.
- Click on Export Chat and select the contact whose chat you want to transfer.
- Now, you can select whether you want to include the media in the backup or not.
- Select Gmail and enter the recipient’s email address.
- You can use your own email address here. Tap send.
- Restore this chat on your iPhone by adding the email address you used.
Although effective, this process is cumbersome and time taking as each chat has to be selected and exported individually.
Method #2. Transfer Using Third-Party Apps
1. Using MobileTrans (PC needed)
For this, you will need a tool named MobileTrans and it is completely free. Though there are some paid features available in it, you don’t have to worry about them as WhatsApp transfer can be done with the free version as well.
- Firstly, launch the MobileTrans app on your PC and select the WhatsApp Transfer feature from its home.
- Also, connect your Android and iOS devices to the computer.
- Now, select the WhatsApp feature and choose Transfer WhatsApp Messages from the provided options.
- The application will automatically detect both the connected devices.
- You can then mark your required device as source or destination.
- WhatsApp messages transfer can be done between either phone using this option.
2. Using Wutsapper (No PC Needed)
Wutsapper is another good app to transfer WhatsApp data from Android to iPhone or iPhone to Android. The app can be downloaded for free from the official app stores. You require an OTG cable to effectively use this app. After procuring the cable, follow the given steps:
- Install Wutsapper and let the app check for an existing WhatsApp backup on your phone.
- If there isn’t an existing backup, Wutsapper will display options as to how you can backup your WhatsApp on your phone.
- Connect both phones with the OTG cable.
- Click the Trust option displaying on both phones and enter your phone number.
- The phone number must be the one that is logged in your backup WhatsApp.
- Wait for the parsing process to be completed.
- Click Start to transfer your WhatsApp messages and wait for a few moments.
- Your transfer is now completed.
The exact same processes are to be followed if you now wish to transfer messages from an iPhone to an Android device too. We have only included methods that work both ways. At present, although there is no official way to transfer the WhatsApp chat history between new devices, the messaging giant is planning to update that soon for its users. For now, you can use either of the above-mentioned methods and reap its benefits.
2 thoughts on “How To Transfer WhatsApp From Android To iPhone or Vice Versa”
My account uapate be renamed due [email protected] logging API FM what up